here's my DIY Ombre shorts that I made last week!
1. Gather all the supplies.What you'll need for this project :
shorts ( I used a white shorts, if you're using a colored / denim pair, bleached it first),
Dye, clip hanger, basin / bucket, salt / vinegar, disposable glass,
pot ( I used an old pot from a rice cooker),
Stove ( I used a butane gas stove but you can use the electric stove)
2. Fill up the pot with water and bring it to boil. While heating up,
dampen your shorts with cold water and squeeze out excess water.
This will help the dye to spread evenly.
3. Dissolve the first pack of dye ( I used 3 packs) in disposable glass with hot water.
4. Pour the dissolve dye in to the boiling water and add a tablespoon
of salt / vinegar and stir it. The salt / vinegar will help to set the dye.
5. Turn off the heat. Pour the water with the dissolve dye and salt in to
a basin / bucket and dip your shorts . Squeeze out excess water and set aside.
6. Heat up another water and repeat the step 3 and 4.
Pour the water with the dissolve dye in to the basin and dip / soak
your shorts halfway through and hang them to achieve the ombre effect.
The dye tends to lighten a bit once it dries but you can dip / soak again your shorts.
If you're happy with the results then you can wash it with soap and fabric softener.
If you have any questions about this diy, feel free to comment and ask away!!! :)